How to Care for Your Mala Beads
We love that you love your new mala beads! We so wish stretch jewelry was indestructible, but with daily wear it is likely that the cord(s) will weaken over time. A few simple changes in the way you wear your bracelets) will go a long way towards making them last. Here are a few tips on how to keep them looking and feeling new.
1. Roll the beads gently over your hand onto your wrist instead of stretching the bracelet wide apart to put it on. Less stretching = longer lasting.
2. Try to keep them away from water, including salt water. Most gemstones can get wet and still maintain their brilliance and structural integrity, but the fabric coated elastic cord will quickly weaken with exposure to water.
3. Remove them before applying lotions or sprays. If you never take your elastic jewelry off, they are being exposed to chemicals that are breaking down the elastic over time. Shampoo, soaps, hair products, cologne, body lotions, sunscreen, etc. They all do their part to help break down and weaken the cord, eventually causing it to snap.
4. Try wearing your bracelets on your non-dominant hand to prevent accidental snagging. If you are right handed, wear them on your left wrist and vice versa. This will prevent them from accidently getting caught on something.
5. Hold them over a stream of sage smoke if you’ve just been through something stressful to clear heavy energy buildup. Expanding energy is the number one thing that can cause a bracelet to break apart.
6. Take your bracelet(s) off before bedtime. It will extend the life of your mala bead jewelry.
7. Remember that luxury items of any kind require a little extra love and care.
🔻IF your bracelet suddenly breaks apart for “no reason” there is another thing to consider. There’s a strange phenomenon that happens when a mala breaks. Crystals and gemstones are vibrating organisms that breathe in and breathe out energy. Crystals and humans interact by exchanging energy information, and each crystal works differently with your individual vibrational chemistry. It may sound odd, but sometimes they 'leave' after they’ve served their purpose.
It's believed that if a mala suddenly comes undone, breaks apart, shatters (or even disappears) it may have already done for you what it needed to do. It usually happens during a time of reflection or with a strong need to release the intention associated with that piece. A broken mala signifies a broken cycle. Your vibration may be completely different now than it was when you started wearing it, which may be a positive thing. You may want to consider a new bracelet with different healing gemstones, as your vibration raises and shifts, to set present-day intentions that create a new outcome for your future.
Or, if you choose to repair your existing bracelet, we offer a one-year warranty on all Sacred Health Jewelry. We are happy to repair any piece at no charge within one year of purchase. All you pay is the shipping costs to and from your home. We will restring your bracelet on strong new cord, add any missing gemstone beads, replace all worn accent beads, clear heavy energy residue, and re-infuse it with fresh new energy. The U.S. shipping fee is currently $8.45 for USPS Priority Mail Shipping with tracking. International shipping fees will be determined per country. Your bracelet(s) will look and feel new again after the repair. Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org if you ever need to initiate a re-stringing.
We consider each and every one of you our friends. It is our sincere mission to make you feel loved, appreciated and taken care of. Please let us know what we can do for you. Reach out whenever you need assistance of any kind.
©2016 Sacred Health Jewelry. All rights reserved.